Monday, March 17, 2008

Pigs in Space

In this dream, I was a young male astronaut, up in space on a mission I didn't think I'd be called upon to fulfill, doing an EVA in my spacesuit but untethered to the spaceship. I was fetching the young astronaut chick I had the hots for, who had either run out of air or something, but for some reason I had to remove her from her spacesuit, hold on to her by the orange belt of the white dress she was wearing (with dark grey tights), since her hat fell off in the vacuum (of course). I had to set some beacon from her suit, so I had to 'swim' over to it, push some buttons three times in succession, then valiantly save her body while I got back into the ship. I got her AND her discarded suit AND me all back in there, and while they closed the airlock and got us some oxygen, I put her back in the suit since hey, it's nicer when a corpse is contained. But then as the air started flowing again, she came back to life! I'm confused, since she had no air and no suit on for about 15 minutes, and okay, she's breathing heavily, but she's alive. Huh. And she's still not a whit interested in me, her savior. Indeed, as we land on earth (without need for any landing bumps or even seatbelts, thanks to this great new technology of matching the earth's cycles), she announces to her friends, "I'm glad I came back for there's something here I love.. Planet Earth!" and away she goes to jump off the slowing ship and kiss a tumbleweed out in the dessert.

I go to greet my mother, Mrs. Druyan (who knew?) and my father, who is some old guy who clearly married her after Carl Sagan died, who then proceeds to pass out while driving me home (too much stress with my valiant mission, it seems) and then I roll over (this was all a dream, remember?) and curl up with a pig back at the barn, and keep sleeping.

Sometimes I'm so strange I startle myself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home